Sunday, September 7, 2014

Alien Abduction

When Dakota first approached me with the concept of an an alien abduction for this shoot, I was instantly intrigued - how would we begin to try to capture that on camera? However, the more he explained his vision, what he saw with makeup and costume, how he would use light photography, along with all of the equipment he had at his disposal, it immediately fueled my excitement.

I had waited for the day of the shoot with an anticipation reminiscent of pre-Christmas as a child. The previous night, Dakota went to the location and took some test shots, and when he sent me the results I was blown away; it really looked like he was getting sucked into an extraterrestrial vortex.

With music blasting and the lights and cameras finally set up in a little back alley, the beauty that is these photos came to life. Enjoy!





If you would like to check out where to bought the items I wore (or solid dupes) for this shoot, reference the links below:


To see more photos from the shoot, or to check out Dakota's other work, visit his flickr here. For business inquiries, or to see his graphic design projects, visit Crafted by Kota.

tumblr | instagram | facebook | oasap |


No comments:

Post a Comment